Video Helps Search Engine Ranking
Generally, the content needed for a website is the content that search engines like. That is how you improve your ranking in search results.
As we can all see, YouTube is outperforming both Yahoo and Bing in terms in the number of daily searches. Hence, the importance of adding a video to your website, from a SEO perspective, is pretty obvious.
Getting The Most Out of Your Video
- Make sure that your video has a has a keyword rich label.
- Describe your video with relevant keywords.
- If your video explains something, make sure to transcribe it and add that transcription to the website, which will enforce the keywords even more.
- Like to your video from other pages on your website (use a descriptive link, not “click here”).
- Submit your video to your website’s sitemap.